Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Brooklyn Brainery has classes for adults on all different types of topics,  taught by members of the community who are professionals of or just really interested in xy or z, for less than $10 to $100something, depending on the class.

I took a class on classroom strategies for teachers last night. It was a rapid-fire overview of seven activities that would work across all subjects, and it was fun! Trouble is, it reminded me of my interest in being a teacher, which is hard to sustain when I work with ex-teachers who've moved on to a much lower-key, higher-paying profession.

A masters degree is such a big commitment, and I've heard that the academic rigor of education programs can be lacking. I feel like I need to get closer to classrooms without actually being in charge of one to decide if it's for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment